For Alex, the City of Xodias is not an ordinary town. This young boy is a Rift Breaker. He had the huge responsibility to fight the monsters spawned from Rifts, mysterious cracks of light only a handful of children can see. As a Rift Breaker, Alex possess supernatural powers that’ll help him on his mission. Now, he and his friends Lily, Aime and Nana must protect the City of Xodias from monsters by destroying every single Rifts they come across.
*A.L.A.N. is a short Visual Novel made in RPG MAKER MV.
* Originally written in French.
*It possesses light RPG elements, in the form of ATB-type battles.
Alan : Rift Breakers est son remake.
Where to buy?
Trivia about the evolution of A.L.A.N.!
- There is not much to say. I wanted to write a simple story to focus more on RPG-style fights. A strange mix between Persona 3-lite + the Power Rangers. Well, in my opinion.
- This same story was written in 3-4 days, which hurt the development of the characters and this universe. That's why I did Rift Breakers.
- As for the rpg battles, I did not want them to be too complicated or too short. In the end, they are too long and easy.
- The story does not have big changes before its final version, except for the character of Aime. Originally, he was called "Aimé", but I made him lose his accent in French while thinking about the English version and the future translations (o.o) + for the play on words with "Je t’aime (I love you)". Rather than wearing a hair clip to control his Voices, he wore LED-lights headphones.
- Lily should have a bigger role in the story, as well as Nana. It did not happen.