A young girl walks in a dark forest.
She meets a mysterious red-haired teenager near a campfire.
The teenager tells her a story.
A story that is far too weird to be true, and yet...
* Les Quatre Alices (The Four Alices) is a short visual novel made in RPG MAKER MV.
* Originally written in French.
* There is 4 Endings (3 Bad, 1 Good) in total.
* It has the peculiarity of having heroines with an ASD, for Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
* Her author, the Quebecois Mia Blais-Côté, also has an ASD.
4 Alice : Lorange Journey est son remake.
Where to buy?
Trivia about the evolution of Les Quatre Alices (The Four Alices)!
- At first, it was a linear story. The Bad Endings were added at the last minute…
- The very first version of the story (draft) was a One Shot you could read in ten minutes top.
- Les Alices, au départ, s’appelaient Émilies: Emily (Alice Brown), Émilie (Alice Lorange), Emiri (Alice Kurosawa) et Emilee (Alice D).
- They were also Caucasians and non-autistic. Since I wanted to talk about ASD and have an ethnic diversity, I had changed all of this.
- There were also 3 heroines, not 4. I do not remember who was absent... either D or Brown.
- In this same version (draft), Émilie “broke the 4th wall" by telling her story to the reader (aka YOU). Subsequently, the character of Étienne show up. A boy that Émilie, now Alice Lorange, meets near a campfire. Étienne has gotten a sex change before the final version of the story to become Ethel.
- Alarie and his family did not exist and the Traces were unidentified creatures.
- Before being made with RPG Maker MV, Les Quatre Alices was designed with TyranoBuilder, Twine, and Ren’Py.
- Since I had to use royalty-free images, I had to "limit" the story according to the resources found. This is one of the reasons that pushed me to do an remake, Lorange Journey.